Let's voice our demand for social and ecological justice, and let our councilmembers know that our city must #DivestLA! Call, email, tweet! Together, we can get the city of Los Angeles to divest for our future.
If you're not from Los Angeles, call anyway! You can help by calling the top 2 priority contacts below.
Use this script or create your own! Please be civil and respectful with outreach on the phone, via email, or in-person.
Top 2 Priorities:
- District 2: Paul Kerkorian - 213-473-7002* (Budget Chairman)
- District 10: Herb J. Wesson, Jr. - 213-473-7010 (Council President)
- District 1: Gilbert Cedillo - 213-473-7001
- District 3: Bob Blumenfield - 213-473-7003*
- District 4: David E. Ryu - 213-473-7004
- District 5: Paul Koretz - 213-473-7005
- District 6: Nury Martinez - 213-473-7006*
- District 8: Marqueece Harris-Dawson - 213-473-7008
- District 9: Curren D. Price, Jr. - 213-473-7009
- District 11: Mike Bonin - 213-473-7011*
- District 12: Mitchell Englander - 213-473-7012*
- District 13: Mitch O'Farrell - 213-473-7013
- District 14: Jose Huizar - 213-473-7014
- District 15: Joe Buscaino - 213-473-7015
(* Budget and Finance Committee)
Short script: Hi my name is ____ and I live in the council member’s district. Los Angeles cannot continue to bank with Wells Fargo due to their unethical banking practices. I urge you to stand with Standing Rock and divest LA.
Long script: Hi my name is ____ and I live in the council member’s district. I’m calling in support for the campaign to Divest LA. We want our city’s funds in ethical financial institutions, not banks with a history of corrupt practices including financing the Dakota Access Pipeline. Divestment is an important tool to protect people from predatory banking, and ensure that the fossil fuel industry cannot profit from the destruction of our land and water. Los Angeles cannot continue to bank with Wells Fargo. I urge you to stand with Standing Rock and the people of Los Angeles and divest.
View and download the LA City Councilmember Call Sheet.